Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Accounting Entry

Had a short 10 min break and I decided to pop into the room to blog this one. We're being taught value creation or something like that, and the very first lesson goes into financial accounting principles. Its the boring accounting stuff all over again, except that I cannot ever figure out why certain transactions affect certain accounts.

It all boils down to rules for me - accounting, being such a stifling subject, needs a lot of rules to keep it consistent and understandable by all. So, institutions such as the certified accounting board (or whatever, I can't remember) impose conditions on how accounts are managed and noted.

Anyway, I'm getting out of point. It was interesting sitting through the session anyhow - the partner was engaging, the questions asked were thought provoking, and some folks are just so plain stupid they make the rest of us laugh. Hopefully, it'll get better after the break.

0 comments: