Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Writing an Essay of a post

Inspired by Foccacia, I've decided to do a blog of my own. Here I am!

The problem is that I have little to say. Its not that I have nothing to say - its just that I have not really thought about what I want to post. Seriously though, I am from the school that thinks that every post should be well thought out. Somewhat like GP essays or those essays which I wrote for my GMAT test.

They go something like this - start by taking a position on an issue. "For", "Against" or "Damn, I don't really know but let me digress". Then, come up with 3 points which support your argument or basically provide information in relation to your topic. Ideally, this comes nicely packaged in 3 paragraphs which 'flow' naturally into one another. Lastly, sum it all up in a summary kind of paragraph.

It is kind of boring, predictable writing. But I'm told that it is succinct and clear that way.

----------------

In other news, I'm finally going for a LASIK operation. (At the moment, I've told no one about this blog, so nobody should really care right now. Still...) It will take place tomorrow on my left/right eye. And then, on Friday, the nice fellows at the Eye Centre will do my right/left eye. It has always intrigued me what LASIK patients do with themselves in between the 2 operations.

Look at it this way (haha...), you have one good eye and one bad eye for about 24 hours. Do you:

  1. Cover up the bad eye and use the good eye to see?
  2. Cover up the good eye and use the bad eye, coupled with your soon-to-be-defunct glasses, to see?
  3. Close both eyes and be a blind man for a day?

Personally, I'll go with option 3 - far easier to be Ray Charles than Captain Hook I feel. I even bought the sunglasses.

I'll see the world through new eyes soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear God
Guide the surgeon's hands and the laser beam. Protect these eyes which are so dear to me.
I commit him into your hands. In Jesus Name, Amen.

greyscalefuzz said...

Thanks baobei. You're such a dear.