Monday, June 19, 2006

Travel Plans for Summer

Hi y'all,

For all the friends out there who actually read this and keep asking about it, I'm still in the process of finalising my summer plans. Should be home in sunny Singapore come end July, hopefully around the 22nd, and throughout most of August up until term starts again on the 25th (I think?). After that, I'll head back to France in the fall for another 2 months from September to October and be back in Singapore again.

I'm lacking some face time with the folks and GF and will need time out to just be a Singaporean again. It is tiring here, largely because I felt like I'm on some big holiday and almost every weekend had been spent travelling (and burning cash). For the period after summer (P4), I'm going to be doing less of that, and more of getting to the serious business of finding a post-INSEAD job and actually doing my readings. I'm hoping to regain some of that enthusiasm I had in the earlier periods and putting them into where it matters (the courses in P4 actually look a whole lot more interesting!).

Like I said in an earlier post, the 'experiencing life' thing is good for me, but it should be secondary. I need to get back to the important business of actually doing my future - life isn't always about the present, isn't it?

Will be posting some photos in the next entry - road trips are such fun! (Disclaimer: it depends on the company and length of trip though). On a side note, I checked the odometer earlier and found that my housemate and I (we share the Renault Clio) have collectively done 6000km of asphalt (and some clay and mud) in a matter of 6 weeks. Now I know why I have thicker calves muscles on my right leg...

Be back in Singy soon - do write me a note and we'll catch up yah? Out...

2 comments:

greyscalefuzz said...

Ah but that's just Paris - it's not overated, but that's not all there is to old bleu France... and what's with the name change? :)

Bahloo said...

If you can afford it, I say keep on enjoying life. You don't do enough of it and I doubt you ever will so enjoy it as much as you can. The job and stuff will sort itself out.